Swift Navigation, Inc. was founded in 2012 to make GPS positioning technology more accurate and affordable. Its GPS and GNSS positioning products are available a fraction of the price of the competition and deliver 100 times better accuracy than the GPS in a cell phone. Swift Navigation’s technology benefits a multitude of industries and applications—including autonomous vehicles, drones, precision agriculture, robotics, surveying and space. With its innovation and technology honored by Inc.’s 2016 and Forbes 2017 30 Under 30 lists, Swift Navigation is enabling a world where fields farm themselves, drones fly safely and autonomous transportation can take you home. Swift Navigation provides an end-to-end GNSS solution with a line of Piksi® Multi and Duro® receivers and Skylark™ Cloud Corrections Service. Learn more online at swiftnav.com.
As a member of the Cloud services team, you'll contribute and own distributed cloud services that will be deployed world-wide and drive our mission of bringing high precision, autonomous navigation systems to the forefront of the industry. These services will interact with networked sensors, be based upon service-oriented architectures (micro-services), scientific modeling services, and distributed message brokers for connected satellite navigation receivers.
Your work will impact all aspects of our development, deployment, and production pipelines from rigorous validation of our hardware product in the lab and real-world environments; automation frameworks for development, test, integration, and deployment at both the hardware and software levels; advanced data collection and analysis pipelines; and operational monitoring of our global services and infrastructure.
Candidates should have skills and experience with:
- Extensive programming experience building scalable online services and distributed systems
- Experience with various approaches to services like REST, RPC and GraphQL
- Experience working with online data stores like S3, PostgreSQL, S3, DynamoDB
- Experience building services on online infrastructure like AWS, GCE
- Experience with monitoring and metrics infrastructure
- Strong distributed programming skills and focus on performance
- A deep understanding of distributed systems (pitfalls, scaling issues, residency, integrity) to include algorithms, data structures, data stores, and the use of database systems in these environments
- Experience writing production services from scratch
- Experience writing highly concurrent software in Go and have written distributed applications on Kubernetes
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with "real-time" sensor networks
- Strong numerical analysis skills
- Have launched a cloud service from scratch
- Experience developing open-source products and utilizing open-source development tools
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, and employer subsidized benefits
- Dynamic engineering role -- technological innovation is at the core of our business
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.