Swift Navigation, Inc. was founded in 2012 to make GPS positioning technology more accurate and affordable. Its GPS and GNSS positioning products are available a fraction of the price of the competition and deliver 100 times better accuracy than the GPS in a cell phone. Swift Navigation’s technology benefits a multitude of industries and applications—including autonomous vehicles, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), precision agriculture, robotics, surveying and space. With its innovation and technology honored by Inc.’s 2016 and Forbes 2017 30 Under 30 lists, Swift Navigation is enabling a world where fields farm themselves, drones fly safely and autonomous transportation can take you home.
About the Job:
We’re hiring a Director of Operations. This role is part of the management team responsible for new product introduction (NPI) and consumer products. In this position you will be accountable for driving strategy and building a team to scale; developing best practice processes cross-functionally increasing efficiency and reducing costs and improved customer services.
- Manage Hardware Ops contract manufacturer relationships
- Manage Hardware Ops Supply Chain and associated programs
- Develop and manage key supply chain relationships
- Primary Hardware Ops lead for New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Lead Hardware Ops in cost reduction project(s)
- Mentor team members) through scaling and career development
- Work with quality and test teams to develop reliability test regimen
- Work with test engineering to develop and implement fixture qualification regimen
- Work with sales and product teams on forecasting and planning
- Manage fulfillment and logistics operations
- Develop ERP processes and implement modules
- Work with engineering and regulatory testing suppliers
- Manage Change Control Board (CCB) process
Candidates should have the following skills and experience:
- 10+ years of experience in senior operations role
- NPI experience for industrial and consumer products through the EVT, DVT, PVT, GA process
- Experience in PCBA and system build through domestic and offshore contract manufacturer
- Prior global experience sourcing and developing suppliers for components and assemblies
- Mfg test experience working with TE (test engineering) and CM on defining qualification of fixtures
- Reliability testing experience working with RE (reliability engineering) and developing plan and possibly infrastructure
- Regulatory testing experience working with h/w engineer and certified test facilities
- Prior ERP implementation
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of:
- Prior experience with Netsuite
- Prior experience with Arena Solutions, Agile
- Prior experience working with fabs (wafers and packaging)
- Prior start up experience
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k).
- Fully stocked kitchen, weekly catered lunches and tech-talks, free gym membership.
- Dynamic engineering role -- technological innovation is at the core of our business.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.