Swift Navigation is looking for an outstanding systems engineer to join our rapidly growing team. You will be working with our engineering teams to tackle the most complex and challenging technical problems we face at Swift. You will be working across hardware, software and cloud infrastructure components of the system to design and architect our next generation of products as well as specific solutions for our customers.
Candidates should have:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to fluently work at different levels of abstraction - see the big picture and the small details
- Strong organizational skills
- Broad and well rounded technical background - working knowledge of concepts from hardware and software engineering, algorithms and cloud infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead, follow and work well in a team
Strong candidates may also have:
- Experience with navigation systems, especially satellite navigation (GNSS/GPS)
- Experience working hands-on with customers and RFQ/RFP responses
Candidates should expect to:
- Work with customers or internal teams to define system requirements
- Analyze and perform trade-off studies on different engineering and architectural approaches
- Work with a diverse set of technologies, up and down the stack, while putting together the big picture
- Support development throughout the entire product life-cycle
- Communicate trade-offs internally and with customers through verbal and written means
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k).
- Fully stocked kitchen, weekly catered lunches and tech-talks, free gym membership.
- Dynamic engineering role -- technological innovation is at the core of our business.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Headquartered in San Francisco, close to public transportation we are well financed. Swift offers unlimited vacation days, competitive salary and benefits, 401(k), a casual office environment, frequent catered lunches, hackathons and tech talks aiding one's professional growth in all our employees. Come join us!