Numbers, pivot tables, and spreadsheets make your heart beat a little faster... in a good way. You dig on numbers, are incredibly detail oriented, and find immense satisfaction in getting reports to balance. In addition to strong accounting skills, you are someone who can communicate technical finance and accounting concepts to coworkers in different disciplines and get them excited about it too. Ideal candidates have experience working in an agency setting and are comfortable with the nuances of a service-based industry. We are looking for someone to join our finance family who is excited to learn and grow in a unique creative environment.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all aspects of the accounts payable process in accordance with agency processes & policies; maintain vendor and contractor relationships and files, accurate coding of invoices, process and mail weekly checks, resolve all vendor discrepancies and reconcile vendor accounts
- Accurately process expense reports on a weekly basis; includes the reconciliation of corporate credit card data and the entry of all expense reports into QuickBooks from Expensify
- Compile monthly accruals
- Manage accurate AP controls and systems, ensuring SOX compliance
- Work closely with Swift finance team to ensure account payable data is accurately entered in the financials
- Support in the preparation of yearly accounting audits and/or reviews
- Support the Director of Finance & Operations and Senior Finance Manager on special projects or reports as necessary, having a general understanding of Prepaids, Fixed Assets, and creating journal entries is a plus
- Serve as a first point of contact for all Swift employees regarding expense or vendor related questions or issues, understanding that the employees are the “customers”
- Approach situations from a customer service mindset
- Be a team player and always strive to produce excellent work
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or 1-2 years experience
- Experience in a high volume & fast paced environment; agency experience preferred
- Solid experience using an accounting system is required; experience with Quickbooks is ideal
- Demonstrated strong PC skills, self-proclaimed Excel guru
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to handle confidential information
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently
Who we are:
Swift is a strategic creative agency that lives and breathes digital, leading brands forward with a groundbreaking combination of insights and ideas. We are hyper-focused on delivering campaigns that get results. Our client roster includes Google, adidas, Starbucks, Paypal, Carter’s, Umpqua, and Blue Apron.
What we offer:
Swift offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including no-cost medical insurance for employees, generous paid parental leave, and 401(k) with immediate matching and vesting. We put family first and ease the transition back to work for primary caregivers with a 32-hour work week at full pay for 12 weeks (and two comfy nursing rooms). Located in NW Portland near a Portland Streetcar stop, our airy, light-filled office inhabits a repurposed industrial building and has a variety of workspaces for collaborating and working independently. We encourage all employees to shape culture with their own ideas and provide professional development and management training. Employees receive paid holidays, volunteer time, vacation and wellness leave. We welcome dogs and emphasize community. You can find us every Friday, coming together for lunch and inspiration.
We aim to build an inclusive culture where differences are used to inform better creative, strategic and business decisions. We actively seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education and ways of thinking. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.