sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
We're on a mission to connect people with real food, and our tech team is taking on the challenge to bridge the gap between health + convenience and create a top notch guest experience. Whether it be through your phone or computer, we're always testing out new ways to engage guests with our food. If you love IT support and problem solving, network infrastructure and are passionate about working at the intersection of food + technology , this role is for you.
Reporting to the VP of Information Technology, the IT Support Specialist will support the implementation of company IT initiatives and programs. This person will continue to evolve the IT support model for our restaurants and end-users.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities
- Serving as point of contact for IT issues
- Provide exceptional onsite and remote hardware/software support to restaurants, office and regional users
- Ensuring IT issues are escalated, tracked, and resolved with the appropriate vendors when necessary
- Logging all incoming calls and emails into appropriate ticketing system
- Ensuring restaurants and regional users are completely satisfied with IT support services
- Following up on open (and closing) issues via phone, email and/or ticketing system
- Planning and proactive adjustments to hardware/software based on national and regional legal or regulatory compliance protocols
- Feedback/support for Special Projects (including implementations of new restaurant/corporate IT solutions)
- Maintain and support restaurant network infrastructure
This individual should have experience with a fast / casual restaurant Point of Sale (POS) environment, be a strong communicator with an attention to detail; someone who not only can manage issues and their resolution, but is also focused on how to improve the reliability and scalability of our solutions. We need a team player that understands: how to communicate with end-user, the right way to implement and troubleshoot technology, and is deeply vested in providing exceptional IT support. The candidate must enjoy a fast paced work environment and not be looking for a desk job and be flexible with after hours and weekend support.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Minimum 5+ years as an IT Support Consultant (or related) in the retail/hospitality environment or at a large restaurant chain company/multi-unit restaurant
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Strong customer service, organization, and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant POS platform is preferred
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong understanding of enterprise-level software, hardware, telephony and connectivity
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to focus on objectives while being detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and organize
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships and gain agreement with timelines and data requirements from both internal and external stakeholders
- Belief in and passion for the sweetlife and sweetgreen’s core values
- The maturity to embrace ambiguity and ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation at sweetgreen
- Strong leadership behaviors, approachability, and a reputation as an unwavering role model
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel for up to 50% of work schedule
- Candidate must be based in the NYC/NJ area
- Passion for organization and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- Personal characteristics reflective of sweetgreen: high-energy, self-motivated, positive, service-oriented, flexible, fun-loving, and ethical with a high degree of integrity
Come join the sweetlife!