sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
We are building our collective digital, data, and technology team to deliver a thoughtfully designed, data-driven customer experience tailored to meet the needs of a diverse set of customers who cross channels, time, and physical space.
We are seeking a Director of Customer & Digital Analytics to define and grow the data and analysis discipline at sweetgreen. You should be excited to apply your experience leading large, high visibility analyses projects that directly impact business strategy to help sweetgreen achieve our mission of bringing real food to more people. You will define and lead the strategy for measuring and deriving actionable business insights from customer purchase behaviors and digital platform use.
The Director of Customer & Digital Analytics is responsible for understanding and advancing sweetgreen’s knowledge of customer behavior through data analysis in order to drive strategic efforts across teams to increase customer loyalty, and improve their sweetgreen experience. You will lead development of the vision, strategy and business case to support buy-in and investment, and will establish and lead the partnerships, technology, and team required to deliver the vision. If you love quantitative thinking, challenging the status quo, aggressive collaboration, squashing ambiguity, prioritization, product roadmaps, and building high-performing teams, then this role may be for you.
- Perform analysis and leverage analytical tools to improve decision making and customer strategy development
- Build and manage delivery of a roadmap for customer data science and analytics to support key growth initiatives
- Establish relevant KPIs and define key data requirements to support digital programs
- Create models to predict customer behaviour and performance of marketing initiatives
- Support tracking and optimization of digital experiences (mobile, web) and marketing initiatives
- Partner with data infrastructure team and vendors to develop short and long term analytical capabilities
- Lead a team of analysts / data scientists in development of algorithms and reporting of analysis
- Audit and recommend improvements to existing analysis procedures and methods. Definition and rollout of data analysis, visualization, and presentation techniques to communicate discoveries.
- Work with internal teams to understand goals and data sources and help establish benchmarks and metrics of customer behavior and campaign impact
- Partner with Performance Marketing to define and run A/B split testing and multivariate testing of experiences to deliver conversion improvements across websites and digital marketing campaigns
- Develop reports and presentations for management, other business units and the marketing team
- Develop and cultivate relationships with stakeholders including digital product teams, strategy, operations, brand marketing, and finance.
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering. Master’s degree a plus.
- 8+ years quantitative or statistical analysis experience; experience with predictive modelling for CRM and marketing applications desired.
- 8+ years experience with SQL. Experience with Amazon Redshift a plus.
- 8+ years experience with experimental test design (A/B split, multivariate testing).
- 8+ years experience with digital analytics and testing tools (Google Analytics, Optimizely)
- 5+ years experience using statistical software (R preferred) and creating dashboards with Tableau.
- Business / financial acumen and knowledge of retail including direct/database marketing, personalization, loyalty, digital ordering / ecommerce.
- Demonstrated proficiency and applied use of Modeling & Machine Learning Techniques (regression, tree models, survival analysis, cluster analysis, forecasting, anomaly detection, association rules, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency performing Data ETL (SQL, Python, Java, Ruby)
- Demonstrated proficiency and use of analytics languages (R, Python, SAS)
- Experience using and developing within cloud-based data environments to drive complex analytical projects (Hadoop, AWS, Azure)
- Entrepreneurial; ability to contribute to moving the business forward, and drive to independently achieve goals.
- Consummate story-teller; expert global audience communicator
- Interest and dedication to the healthy food revolution a plus.
Come join the sweetlife!