sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
We are building our collective digital, data, and technology team to deliver thoughtfully designed, data-driven customer experience and internal operations.
We are seeking an Analytics Engineer to provide critical support to the business as we undergo a wholesale digital transformation. The opportunity to facilitate a fast-growing company’s consumption of internal and external data – all for the mission of feeding more people better food – should excite you. You will use your comprehensive analytical skillset to guide and unite the organization in its consumption of quality data-driven insights, helping to deliver our strategic goals.
The Analytics Engineer is responsible for providing data tools and analysis-based insight that promotes data adoption across the company. From our customer-facing digital team to our back of house operations team, you will create data solutions that make easy the search for actionable business insight and the creation of essential operational tools. This role is for you if you love collaboration, excel at end-to-end analysis, and have the business acumen and technical skills to make the two line up.
- Wrangle data from disparate sources to develop in-depth understanding of our internal operations and customers, identify areas of opportunity, and execute projects to produce efficiencies on the business side and loyalty on the customer side
- Provide internal stakeholders with data-driven stories of both our operators and customers to drive strategic decision making
- Work collaboratively across the company to build data tools (aggregated views, automated reports, ad hoc analyses, etc) that provide actionable insight
- Support a DBA in creating a high-functioning and healthy data ecosystem
- Demonstrate database technical proficiency in the areas of performance, reliability, and functionality
- Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures
- Collaborate with program manager, DBA, analysts, leadership, and key stakeholders to understand business requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in quantitative and statistical analysis roles; experience with predictive modeling a plus
- 3+ years’ experience with database + query optimization (compression, indexing, intelligent database design, etc)
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL languages; experience with Amazon Redshift a plus
- 3+ years’ experience with creating automated reports in Tableau
- 3+ years’ experience using statistical software (R, Python, SAS, etc)
- 3+ years’ experience with experimental test design
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Interest and dedication to the healthy food revolution a plus
Come join the sweetlife!