sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
The Customer Experience Analyst is responsible for understanding and advancing sweetgreen’s knowledge of customer behavior through analytics, in order to drive strategic efforts across teams to increase the loyalty of key customer segments and improve their sweetgreen journey.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities:
- Leverage data to develop in depth understanding of our customers, identify areas of opportunity, and execute projects to produce growth and engagement of sweetgreen customers.
- Drive projects focusing on new customer growth and engagement, mobile usage, and customer lifetime value working closely with marketing, menu, strategy, and IT teams.
- Analyzing data to create and act upon customer profiles and segments, driving lifetime value and customer behavior.
- Providing internal stakeholders with datadriven stories of the customer and dashboards that enhance and guide effective decisionmaking.
- Leading the charge on how to change the way we use data to aid our stores in an actionable way.
- Working collaboratively across departments to understand and execute upon key customerfacing priorities.
- Working closely with the IT team and outside technology companies to enhance and maintain customer databases and insight systems while troubleshooting problems; supporting new technological integrations.
Some Expected 2017-2018 Deliverables:
- Streamline preexisting customer reporting systems to be more efficient, impactful, and readily available (e.g., automatic reports)
- Support and guide the build of an allencompassing CRM database in partnership with a 3rd party vendor
- Establish a turnkey and consistent approach for measuring the ROI of customerfacing campaigns and initiatives (A/B test results; referral campaign results; community campaign results)
- Develop a dashboard of daytoday insights on customer behavior and habits, both instore and online/inapp
- Exploration of creative ways to link specific customers with customer behavior (e.g., credit card data)
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or comparable. Master’s degree a plus.
- 3+ years quantitative or statistical analysis experience; experience with predictive
- modelling for CRM and marketing applications desired.
- 3+ years experience with SQL. Experience with Amazon Redshift a plus.
- 3+ years experience with experimental test design (A/B split, multivariate testing).
- 3+ years experience using statistical software (R preferred) and creating dashboards with Tableau.
- Online marketing analytics, predictive analytics, or machine learning experience.
- Ability to process and analyze complex data sets to help make key business decisions.
- Ability to communicate and story-tell with all levels of the business, prioritize & manage assignments to meet deadlines and establish solid relationships.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Entrepreneurial; ability to contribute to moving the business forward, and drive to independently achieve goals.
- Interest and dedication to the healthy food revolution a plus.