sweetgreen is on a mission to change the way people think about real food. We are a disruptive restaurant group with 80 locations and rapidly expanding. We are proving that you can, in fact, scale healthy fast food with quality ingredients, transparency and authenticity.
We are involved in every step of the supply chain, working with local growers to craft rotating seasonal menus, and the company's 3,500 team members prep all of the food from scratch in each location every day. Our strong food ethos and investment in local communities has enabled us to grow into a national brand with locations across the East Coast, Chicago, and California.
The Director of Content and Social is responsible for leading and executing strategic content marketing that articulate sweetgreen’s mission to build healthier communities by connecting people with real food.
You will be responsible for creating innovative editorial and visual content that will build our brand, internally and externally, increase awareness, consumer engagement, acquisition and retention. You will develop the tone and voice of the brand, and produce a variety of content specifically focused on video and social media for sweetgreen.
You will also be responsible for building a team dedicating for distribution and for reporting on its performance. This includes everything that conveys our mission - be it a video, GIF or other innovative media. This content will tell the sweetgreen story, promote our products, and feature our supply network.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing to define and maintain the sweetgreen brand voice and strategy.
- Work cross-functionally, specifically with food and supply chain team to produce content campaigns that seamlessly weaves narratives around seasonal offerings, and our food ethos.
- Work closely with our people team to help define and maintain internal communications and storytelling around our employment brand
- Execute content and creative development for our owned channels (email, organic social, website, iOS/android app, marketing platforms, in-store collateral.
- Build a strategic social media calendar to generate authentic engagement and drive awareness of sweetgreen on all social channels
- Develop, design and produce our seasonal and lifestyle photo/video shoots
- Enhance sweetgreen's brand by working with external partners, writers, influencers, photographers, brands and creative thinkers, to create a strong community, and maximize our visibility.
- Understand ROI of efforts; report on channel results and performance in a manner that is relevant, meaningful, actionable and understandable.
- Manage and lead a small, nimble, creative team, and content budgets
- Work with marketing to create partnerships and campaigns to support seasonal product launches, recruiting, new store openings and more.
About you: (minimum requirements)
Our ideal candidate possesses tremendous creative and social media skills, with proven success across the broad spectrum of today’s content and marketing channels. We want the consummate storyteller - someone who is not afraid to take risks, experiment, and inspire our customers, partners and employees to live the sweetlife.
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience in editorial, native and/or content development
- Impeccable aesthetic, attention to detail and love of design.
- Exceptional social media skills and strategic ability to build a following. Strong understanding of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Youtube.
- Very strong online copywriting and editing skills
- Experience developing and managing a production budget and reporting on results to senior leadership
- Familiarity with WordPress, SquareSpace or a similar CMS platforms
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- A passionate, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- Competitive pay and bonus plan – employees are rewarded for both personal and company-wide performance
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Free sweetgreen gear and tenure rewards through our ‘shades of green’ program.
- And of course… complimentary fresh food from sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!