sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
About the role
sweetgreen is looking for a visionary Digital Designer to help execute the creative vision of our brand. The digital designer will play an integral role in the execution of marketing communications, creative campaigns, the digital customer journey, app and web design that support a range of initiatives for our growing, design-forward company.
Working alongside our digital team, marketing team and our head of brand creative, you will play a pivotal role in the creative identity and vision of sweetgreen. You will be responsible for helping to create innovative editorial and visual content that will build our brand, internally and externally, increase awareness and consumer engagement. We’re looking for the consummate visual storyteller - someone who is not afraid to take risks, experiment, and inspire our customers through thoughtful, consistent and aspirational design.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities
- Create and deliver a range of cross-platform digital work. This can be anything from responsive sites and emails to banners, mobile/tablet apps and microsites. It involves working closely with creatives, UX, developers and marketers.
- Develop layouts for digital ads, content and digital campaigns.
- Own and execute a brilliant digital design language that elevates the customer experience. Collaborate with content and marketing to create strong visuals and collateral to convey our messaging.
- Concept, design, and deliver creative campaigns for seasonal product launches, employment brand messaging, new store openings, events, and partnerships.
- Coordinate and manage a variety of digital agencies in creative execution for email, app and web design and coding.
- Partner with our digital experience team to support design needs for our app, web and digital properties.
- Support our segmentation, personalization and customization needs across email, and advertising.
- Design and create microsites for events, and large scale campaigns.
About you (minimum requirements)
- Background in graphic design
- Design centered portfolio showcasing digital, web and app design
- Understanding of web technologies, programming languages, web page design
- Passion for design typography
- High proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, HTML and CSS.
- Aptitude for developing beautiful mood boards and mock-ups.
- Ability to design for a variety of outputs with dynamic, flexible creative.
- Team player; understand the importance of collaboration.
- Ability to drive ideation and execution based on data and business objectives.
- Ability to project manage multiple campaigns at once.