sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Do you get pumped up by storytelling, connecting with people and building a badass brand? Our brand marketing team is in the business of making salad sexy. We’re responsible for shaping the way sweetgreen shows up, and works cross-functionally to bring crazy campaigns to life in our fast-growing fleet of stores. We’re creative, energetic, organized, and all over the latest trends, and we’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
Our team is looking for full time Community Ambassador for our Philadelphia Market.
The Community Ambassador has three main responsibilities:
- Complete Trade Area Assessment
- Identify Community Contacts and Experiences
- Execute Experiences
Some Expected 2017 Deliverables:
Complete 5 day in-store orientation to learn the brand, the business and get to know our guests.
Complete Trade Area Assessment
- Identify customer origin, use case, local experiences, and partners.
- Interview local experts to collect market characteristics.
- Initiate dialogue with customers in and out of store, through focus groups and other experiences, to validate use case and understand brand perception.
Identify Community Contacts and Experiences
- Create list of target customers and partners, according to trade area assessment.
- Recommend experiences to engage with customers, by using core brand attributes, and knowledge of trade area and customer.
- Execute experiences according to plan and brand standards (potentially including: partner events, in-stores tastings and dinners, farmers market activations, “sweet touches”, distribution of collateral and swag.)
- Build strong connections with customers during experiences.
- Support operations to ensure marketing tactics don’t disrupt business and are executed well.
- Connector: regularly engages strangers in engaging conversations
- Influential: professional polish, articulate and well developed point of view about food & health lifestyle
- Scrappy: never settles for what's already been done, is innovative and creative with ideas, pitches in to get the job done
- Empathetic: high EQ, expert at reading and responding to social cues, develops easy intimacy
- Humble: servant leader mentality, not afraid to get their hands dirty, connects with people from different walks of life
- Reliable: follows through on commitments, and asks for help when needed
- 1+ year executing branded marketing experiences
- 1+ year experience supporting physical
- The desired candidate will be interested and available to work full-time, 40 hours per week.