sweetgreen – los angeles, california
The Manager, Learning has five main responsibilities
- Embracing sweetgreen’s core values while leading all restaurant training and development initiatives, from design to implementation, as well as offering ongoing support and modification as needed.
- Keeping current with trends, best practices, new technologies, and emerging innovations in the training and development sphere and implementing solutions that continue to build on sweetgreen’s passion for developing talent.
- Knowing the needs of restaurant operators and ensuring that decisions are made in the best interest of operations and ensuring that all programs are fully integrated into day-to-day responsibilities of the restaurant management.
- Developing and monitoring key performance metrics with an emphasis on creating improved performance through learning.
- Create a high-performance environment that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and fun. As the company will be experiencing an accelerated growth plan, it is imperative that this individual be able to rapidly create and scale learning systems to match our growth.
Some Expected 2016 Deliverables
- Partner with Food & Beverage to design experiential “Food Ethos” Training
- Establish initial roll out training and ensure the “food ethos” curriculum is baked in to all new hire training
- Create measurement system for monitoring employee knowledge and respond to trends
- Audit current practices and identify training areas to prioritize to align with our mission and company goals
- Rollout new career maps and related framework for in store development planning
- Support Area Leaders and Head Coaches in strengthening their coaching and training skills
- Create role specific training & validation to set new hires and new promotes up for success
- Partner with marketing to identify traits and behaviors aligned with our core values and mission
- Interview top performers and key leaders to establish a “sweetgreen leader” competency list
- Develop content for best in class leadership development experience for roll out in 2017
Community & Culture
- Create and implement tools that allow store leaders to address individual store needs
- Work with executive team to plan content and experience for Impact Retreat and Head Coach Summit
- Create content for 90 day brand immersion curriculum in partnership with Culture & Community Manager
- The maturity to embrace ambiguity and ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation at sweetgreen.
- Strong leadership behaviors, approachability, and a reputation as an unwavering role model.
- Ability to develop a long-range training plan and a passion for investing in people.
- Excellent presentation, verbal communication, and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, and experience with LMS or other e-learning programs.
- Ability to travel for up to 25% of work schedule.
- Passion for organization and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- 5+ years experience creating learning
- 3-5 years experience rolling out communication and implementing change for a multi-state employer, ideally with a large hourly population
- 3-5 years experience partnering with regional operations teams to roll-out HR or training initiatives
sweetgreen is a seasonal fast-casual restaurant company on a mission to change the way people think about food. With a strong sense of passion and purpose, we’re working to revolutionize our industry and the food system. We make delicious, real food from scratch in our kitchens every day, which supports local farmers and helps us create authentic, meaningful connections with our guests.