About the role:
The content manager will be responsible for creating strategic, high-performing content that supports departmental and cross-functional goals, for strategizing around how to best distribute that content through marketing channels including social media and email, and for reporting on its performance. This content will tell the sweetgreen story, promote our products, feature our supply network, celebrate the community and brand values and highlight experiential brand moments (which require real-time content creation). You will work closely with the social media manager to create content that strategically and impactfully communicates sweetgreen’s dynamic brand and furthers our positioning as a thought leader, and you’ll collaborate on content partnerships and programming with leading media companies.
You’re an enthusiastic self-starter with strong writing skills. You have a passion for storytelling, food and the food system. You’re a content machine who wants to tell stories about where food comes from, how it’s made and why it matters — and you’ll make it happen, from concept to distribution. You want to work for a mission-driven company that is literally working to change the way people think about food. You’re organized and focused and plan ahead, but flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities:
- Own and optimize sweetgreen’s content strategy — identify and pursue key areas for growth and opportunity; communicate content needs to the creative team so you can secure necessary assets for storytelling across platforms.
- Seamlessly weave narratives around seasonal offerings, food ethos, thought leadership, employment brand, events and lifestyle; work with VP and Director(s) of Marketing to establish content priorities on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Stay up to date with news in the food system so sweetgreen is communicating thoughtful and relevant narratives. immerse yourself in the food community and culture.
- Measure and understand the ROI of content campaigns; develop an ongoing optimization strategy to continue creating content that is engaging and impactful.
- Write copy for marketing collateral, i.e. event invites, emails and paid media.
- Collaborate with creatives and influencers to amplify our brand stories.
- Manage relationships with food and lifestyle photographers and videographers in all markets.
- Create compelling content around key brand imperatives to tell our brand story
- Map out strategic content plans on a monthly basis
- Oversee and manage storyboarding, development and execution of brand video, including strategic distribution across marketing channels
- Craft content and messaging that, in tandem with real-world experiences, builds a movement around “passion + purpose”
- sweetgreen perceived as category-defining leader in the content space
sweetgreen is a destination for simple, seasonal, healthy food. We believe the choices we make about what we eat, where it comes from and how it's prepared have a direct and powerful impact on health of individuals, communities and the environment. From the seed to the store, we’re involved in every step of the supply chain, working with partners and farmers we know and trust. We make our food from scratch in each sweetgreen every day, using whole produce delivered that morning.