Summary: We are looking to add a senior level software engineer to join the data platform/infra team at Sweetgreen. This candidate will build backend web applications and data pipelines to support Sweetgreen’s increasing appetite for data. Core responsibilities for this role will be:
- Write, test and deploy application code
- Build/deploy infrastructure as code using IaC platforms such as Terraform
- Support ask/needs from key data stakeholders (e.g. Business Intelligence, Finance, etc)
The ideal candidate for this role will champion strong design principles as they relate to scalability, efficiency, databases, failover recovery, cost, and security. We are also looking for fans of test driven development and continuous integration/deployment, and can help establish these principles as the team grows.
Core Work Activities:
Development: The primary objective of the data platform/infra team is to supply data to drive business decisions across the company. Development will consist of ETL pipelines, microservices, data lake/warehouse management and collaboration with the machine learning team to deploy ML based applications.
Platform: Development stack is on the cloud (AWS) and leverages all services/platforms on AWS to build software. Applications are mostly written in python, java and golang. We perform code reviews, write unit tests and schedule deployments on a train model.
Maintenance: As a data provider for the company, we monitor the performance of databases and uptime of our platform and services; The candidate is expected to contribute to new monitoring, document issues, and identify/resolve issues in production.
Prioritization: Can support multiple stories in parallel and prioritize accordingly to meet critical deadlines.
AGILE Methodology: The data platform/infra team runs bi-weekly to monthly sprints to achieve company objectives + key results (OKRs).
Minimum Qualifications for Successful Performance:
- Advanced knowledge of system design and the ability to propose alternative solutions
- Proficiency with java, go or python and/or relevant OO languages
- Experience with AGILE methodology
- Proficiency with AWS’ offering
- Proficiency in application/resource deployment on cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Can translate product requirements into technical requirements, and work independently towards building a complete solution
- Strong time management
- 5+ years developing and leading large-scale technology initiatives
- Experience building data pipeline workflows or leveraging orchestration platforms, such as Airflow
- Experience with Redshift/Snowflake
- Experience writing Spark applications
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs, messaging streams and file imports from third party vendors
- Experience with Terraform
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4K+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.