Founded in 2007, sweetgreen passionately believes that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day, across its 100 restaurants, over 4,000 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. sweetgreen’s strong food ethos and investment in local communities have enabled them to grow into a national brand with a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food.
Director of Brand Strategy
Here at sweetgreen, we’re customer obsessed and believe in leaving people better than we found them. Our marketing team is at the center of ensuring that our customers connect deeply with the sweetgreen brand and have an excellent experience across all touchpoints.
To help us on this mission, we're searching for a Director of Brand Strategy who will shape the future of our brand campaigns and creative strategy. This role will report our Chief Brand Officer. You will lead our growing team, set strategy and manage projects that enable sweetgreen to consistently exceed customers' expectations. The ideal candidate will be a strategic leader inspiring cross-functional teams and agency partners to support, adopt and execute key strategic initiatives for the brand.
sweetgreen has a positive and diverse culture—we look for people who believe in life-long learning and believe in making an impact on the future of food.
What You’ll Do:
- Translate high level business and marketing priorities into clear brand messaging and campaign initiatives that would enhance our brand awareness and cement affinity.
- Champion our brand positioning and sharpen our point of view in the industry.
- Develop a strong understanding of the brand by being an earnest student of brand’s history, consumers; Balance that by bringing a strong point of view to shape the future.
- Leverage consumer insights to develop ownable and focused positioning in the marketplace.
- Champion and coach the team to create sharp, insightful, data-driven marketing briefs with clear target, positioning and messaging that inspired great creatives and foster big ideas.
- Develop purposeful go-to-market plans that reflect the strategy.
- Partner cross-functionally with creative, operations, social impact, other marketing functions, and culinary leadership to represent the marketing team and provide feedback that move projects forward.
- Ability to work closely with creative agencies and project manage freelance support when necessary.
- Stay on top of marketing trends and news for culturally-relevant brands to help guide and shape future marketing innovation and strategies.
- Showcase strong business acumen; Develop and maintain key performance metric dashboards that track the efficacy of our marketing strategy, summarize key insights, and recommend actions to improve for the next campaign.
What You Should Have:
- 8+ years experience, either in-house or at a brand strategy agency, driving strategic product and brand positioning from insights all the way through to successful execution.
- Experience translating rich consumer insights into actionable and compelling marketing briefs.
- Has exhibited strong business judgment, data-driven decision making and analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills to manage multiple high-profile and high-budget projects at once.
- An engaging leadership presence that comes across equally strong in person, over video, and through your writing.
- A leader who has managed a team of 5+ people—someone who people want to learn from, work with, and are inspired by.
- Deeply familiar with brand strategy, creative development, multi-channel execution (paid and owned), social platforms, influencer strategies, PR amplification—have executed these at scale, driving business results and brand equity along the way.
- Are culturally-aware and naturally curious—you know what other brands are doing.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA in Marketing, Business, Communications or related fields a plus.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to sweetgreen’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come make an impact on the future of food.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.