sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
About the role:
sweetgreen is looking for a visionary Senior Digital Designer to help execute the creative vision of our brand across a number of different mediums. The digital designer will play an integral role in the execution of marketing communications, creative campaigns, and the customer journey that support a range of initiatives for our growing, design-forward company.
Working alongside our creative team and cross-departmentally including marketing, customer experience, data and digital, you will play a pivotal role in the creative identity and vision of sweetgreen. You will be responsible for helping to create innovative editorial and visual content that will build our brand, internally and externally, increase awareness and consumer engagement. We’re looking for a visual storyteller who has a strong passion for customer experience, retention, acquisition, technology and a keen eye for polished design. You are someone who is not afraid to take risks, experiment, and inspire our customers through thoughtful, consistent and aspirational design.
This role requires a creative scientist, who likes to produce multiple versions of assets and derive data through testing to see what works best across channels, audiences, and formats.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the head of creative to drive the brand through innovative content to build our new businesses and channels.
- Concepting, designer, and building email marketing campaigns to support our engagement strategy vision.
- Create and deliver a range of cross-platform work. This can be anything from ads, emails, social, printed collateral, CRM marketing, and paid assets.
- Collaborate with CRM and marketing teams to prioritize email initiatives, develop testing plans, automation/lifestyle strategies and reporting.
- Own and execute a brilliant design language that elevates the customer experience. Collaborate with content and marketing to create strong visuals and collateral to convey our messaging.
- Stay informed on the changing landscape of email marketing, including trends, best practices, and new tools/technologies.
- Work alongside a dedicated copywriter and strategist to define narratives across all email communications.
- Interpret creative briefs, documented channel-specific best practices, and previous performance data to produce high-performing creative.
- Digest and implement design feedback from multiple stakeholders in real-time.
About you: (minimum requirements)
- Main qualifier: As a Senior Designer, you should be able to take a brief for a campaign and run with it from concept through to delivery of assets, complete with versioning.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Email Developers, CRM SMEs, and Performance Marketing Managers to rapid prototype, test, and launch email campaigns for a variety of our channels.
- BFA, preferably in a design-related or creative field.
- 3-5 years of experience at a creative agency or in-house at a design-led brand.
- Design centered portfolio showcasing knowledge of digital design, layout design, type, and print production.
- Expertise in creating emails on a daily basis.
- Experience with photoshoots.
- Experience with motion graphics, animation and creating GIFs.
- Passion for typography and a meticulous eye for detail.
- High proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator + Photoshop.
- Aptitude for developing beautiful mood boards and mock-ups.
- Ability to design for a variety of outputs with dynamic, flexible creative.
- Ability to drive ideation and execution based on data and business objectives.
- Ability to project manage multiple campaigns at once.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.