sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We are building a digital platform to deliver thoughtfully designed, data-driven customer experiences.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Director of Data Science
You are responsible for working with the business and operational teams in identifying opportunities to improve our operations and deliver the best experience to our customers. You will also mentor and coach individual contributors on your team.
- Bachelor’s or Masters in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, MIS, Business with Analytics experience)
- 10+ years of experience in leading teams of 10+ reports, including individual contributors and managers.
- Experience working with junior employees who need mentoring and development.
- Hands on experience in building dashboards, A/B testing and analyses.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field combined with an MBA (Marketing preferred)
- Consulting background
- Previous background in using Tableau or similar tools.
- Deep understanding of data warehouses.
- Experience with the AWS stack.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning
- Working knowledge of Python
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.