Summary: A Senior Engineer is responsible for building, testing, debugging/troubleshooting, infrastructure for both web and native applications. They share responsibilities regarding infrastructure, and take the lead on continuous integration and deployment, as well as driving standards with Lead Engineers and the rest of the department.
It is expected that a Senior Engineer will promote strong design principles as they relate to scalability, disposable resources, automation, loose coupling, service oriented design, databases, removing single points of failure, cache, cost, and security.
Development: Supports advanced full stack development (e.g., front end, back end) of key features in sweetgreen's products by understanding + translating project requirements, using DRY, SOLID + YAGNI code design principles to write code, review + test code, and troubleshooting open issues + bug-fixes. Calls for and implements continuous integration and deployment in all projects.
Maintenance: Monitors performance of system engineering solutions, documenting issues, escalating complex issues and resolving moderate issues.
Prioritization: Supports multiple stories at once and prioritizes simultaneously to meet critical deadlines.
AGILE Methodology: Participates in AGILE teams supporting company objectives + key results (OKRs).
Minimum Qualifications for Successful Performance:
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages and the ability to propose alternative solutions.
- Proficiency with Node.js, Ruby, and Rails and/or related frameworks and languages.
- Experience with AGILE methodology.
- Thorough grasp of best practices across all focus in technology (e.g., Client, server, automation, deployment, QA).
- Expert-level knowledge in modern web development practices, especially those relating to service design.
- Proficiency with AWS’ offering.
- Design experience with RDS and various databases such as Postgres and MySQL.
- A strong desire to experiment with bleeding edge technology and understand relating market trends.
- Strong problem solving, communication and negotiating skills.
- Strong time management.
- 3+ years developing and leading large-scale technology initiatives.
- A degree in computer science or a related field is preferred.
- Experience building applications and websites for world recognized brands where load and scale have been a focus.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Expertise with React and React Native.
- Experience writing RESTful APIs.
- Experience deploying website and mobile application A/B testing.
- Experience building personalization tools.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.