Our people are our most valuable ingredient at sweetgreen: the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Since opening our doors in 2007, our team has been on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with real food. We’ve been unwavering in our commitment to scratch cooking and transparent sourcing, but over time customer appetite and demand for convenience has grown.
In response, we’ve built and grown our digital ordering business, which is committed to connecting more people to real food through convenience and customization. But what we’ve built thus far is just the beginning, and we need to continue to innovate and evolve our digital ordering experience to stay relevant in a quickly evolving consumer landscape.
We are currently seeking an Operations Associate to enable future digital growth of sweetgreen by overseeing our Outpost delivery operation in NYC.
- Platform Management - Recruit, onboard and oversee drivers onto the logistics platform for the entire NYC area. This includes creating and managing routes for all Outpost deliveries ensuring smooth and consistently on-time deliveries.
- Real-time Troubleshooting - Be the liaison between all parties for logistic related operational fires. This includes identifying a problem exists, quickly figuring out a solution, and communicating pertinent information with necessary parties in real-time.
- Process Management - Establish operational processes and ensure they are being followed by team members and drivers on the logistics platform. Engage our restaurant operators directly in the restaurant to drive compliance.
- Team Support - Support Outpost team with new initiatives and special projects as needed.
- 2+ years experience in operations management, background in logistics a plus
- Strong management skills with the ability to manage people and processes simultaneously
- Able to communicate cross-functionally in a fast paced environment
- Possess a unique ability to remain cool and calm in high-pressure situations
- Roll up the sleeves, go to where the work is done mentality
- Experience recruiting hourly or contract workers
- Enjoy being a part of a fine-tuned operational process
- Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify and solve problems on the fly in real-time
- Customer service experience a plus
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.