sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
We’re obsessed with creating a top-notch experience, and that starts with the space. Our real estate and design teams find the best locations for us and then get to work, crafting a sweetgreen experience that honors the building’s existing structure (beams, brick, we love it all) and reflects the neighborhood around. Each sweetgreen feels a little different than the next, but they all share the same DNA: a sense of community, modern design, local art, cool tiling and good natural light. If wayfinding signage, blueprints + 3D rendering get your adrenaline pumping, this is the place for you.
The role of the Store Design Associate (Temporary) is to support the Store Development Team in designing and documenting current projects + studies in various locations. The role will be exposed to many aspects of the design process from layouts, concepts, design development and construction documentation. There will be a great amount of cross-functional team collaborations with operations, construction, and real estate teams as well as face-time with outsourced architects, engineers, vendors and consultants.
This is a 3 months temporary position, reporting directly to the Director of Store Design.
- Work closely with the in-house design team to learn and prepare store layouts and high quality renderings that will be presented to department head and executive team for approval.
- Solicit and organize feedback given during design meetings at various levels (up to the executive team of sweetgreen).
- Collaborate across various departments during the design phase of each project. Learn the right communication channels and effectively distribute information across the organization.
- As needed, attend construction site visits to understand the construction process and how design decisions impact it.
- Find creative solutions and stay up to date on new and innovation materials, lighting, and other aspects that could affect the overall store aesthetics.
- Assist in the prioritization of the design managers’ workload and schedule to also allow room for learning and process improvement opportunities.
- Occasional travel, weekends and irregular hours required.
- Student or current graduate of interior design or architecture fields of study
- Previous work experience in retail or hospitality is highly desired
- Extremely organized with high sense of urgency
- Eager to learn about the business and evolve as a designer
- Keen eye for detail, with understanding of architectural materials
- Invested in having a “can do” attitude toward assigned tasks by being resourceful
- Proficient in drafting using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- High visualization capabilities to create renderings using Sketch up and ability to touch up photos and renderings using Photoshop
- Sufficient knowledge of InDesign to prepare presentation documents
- Portfolio link or sample attachment is required with your application
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.