sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Operations Communications Manager
- Excellent communicator: you’re capable and comfortable translating complex business requirements to a non-technical audience in a clear and concise manner; you’re capable of articulating a story in a clear, concise, and conversational manner; and you enjoy face-to-face conversations, executive-level presentations, and participating in dynamic exchanges of information.
- A persuasive writer: you make effective use of superior writing skills to influence and persuade others to take action, never leaving a bad first or last impression.
- Service oriented: you’re a people person, systematic and trustworthy, who effortlessly provides exceptional support.
- A team player: you’re a collaborative team player who shows respect for the views and contributions of others and enjoys brainstorming, project-work, and building team spirit.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better/faster/or with less”.
- Deliver regular communication through a range of mediums, ensuring ease of access to communication, clarity, and consistency of messages.
- Write and create project support documentation, memorandum, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Develop standard communication templates across the organization.
- Consult with internal departments and peers to determine optimal, relevant, and exciting communication and assimilation strategies for our staff and/or managers.
- Leverage the latest communication technologies, products, and approaches to engage and enhance learning and retention.
- Research and recommend communication strategies and process enhancements that will support operations and internal communications.
- Move the bar in innovative communication for the managers and staff at our restaurants and the Tree House
- Ensure continuous improvement by building a sustainable and effective internal communication platform and strategy.
- 3+ years of experience in internal communication, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
- Strong creative and technical writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Self-motivated and possess excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Strong team working skills and flexibility to work with competing personalities on the same project.
- Expert in MS Office applications, primarily Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects, strong strategic planning, and effective time management skills.
- Experience developing, executing, and evolving internal communication programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, English, or a related field.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.