sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
The Project Manager has 5 main responsibilities:
- Project management of all cross-functional supply chain and sustainability projects, with a focus on strategic initiatives and innovation projects. The system created should be comprehensive, including setting scope at intake, prioritizing projects (inside and outside of the department), estimating end to end time commitments, and creating frequent data driven communications of project deliverables.
- Act as main point of contact for other departments within sweetgreen for these projects, including but not limited to culinary, operations, and engineering
- Develop and own all supply chain reporting of grower and product sustainability, performance, and cost
- Diagnose and drive improvements in metrics by leading supply chain internal initiatives on an as-needed basis
- Work closely with engineering, digital and data teams to continue to build supply chain database architecture and create tools to drive actionable insights
- 2-3 years of project or product management experience
- +1 year of experience managing a team
- +1 year of experience in a data science, analysis, or finance role
- Formal knowledge (courses or experience) with the supply chain operations
- Formal knowledge (courses or experience) with the operational sustainability
- Strong strategic thinker who is able to prioritize projects and allocate resources based on strategic goals
- Demonstrated ability to manage project timelines on time and on budget, driving results with cross-functional teams
- Gifted communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills who is able to motivate and inspire others and negotiate situations to reach win/win/win results
- Desire to build an unparalleled food supply chain that supports farmers, sweetgreen, and our customers
Some Expected 2019 Deliverables:
- Ownership of supply chain project intake and status of ongoing projects on a sharable platform
- Weekly communication to other departments of Supply Chain project and deliverables status
- Ownership of supply chain reporting, including the coordination with other departments to push and pull data
- Propose at least one project that optimizes the core supply chain functionality
- Set up a pipeline between innovation projects to core operations that are ready to deploy
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.