As a member of the People Team, you will serve as the recruiter for your respective market helping to find the most talented team members to begin a career at sweetgreen. You will provide on the ground support to bring our hourly recruitment strategy to life. This means you strategically build relationships, have an eye for talent, and enjoy getting creative to find the best people in your area. Your role is critical to fueling the growth of our company by identifying hourly talent to join our team.
What You’ll Lead (Essential Functions of the Role)
- Talent Planning
- Understand, prioritize and proactively execute hiring needs for the market
- Attend Head Coach Huddles and/or Cross Functional Meetings to understand the hiring needs of each restaurant
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Area Leaders and Head Coaches to understand their unique needs and/or challenges for their market and stores
- Support Head Coaches with streamlined communication and a seamless full-cycle recruitment process (from submitting hiring needs to hire) at the store level
- Maintain and provide reporting over your market(s) as required
- Partner with leadership to forecast future needs
- Conduct compensation analysis as needed for your market(s)
- Recruitment Strategy
- Understand the local talent pool and identify any market-specific traits and challenges to attract top talent for all hourly Team Member roles
- Find, connect and build relationships with community partners that can support the candidate pipeline in terms of quantity and quality
- Plan recurring recruiting events with strong partners that can be executed by the Area Leaders or Head Coaches
- Utilize employment branding to advocate for sweetgreen both digitally and physically, in the local talent community
- Seamless Execution
- Maintain frequent + organized communication by responding to all applications
- Screen and invite qualified applicants to attend scheduled interview times
- Utilize our ATS system and any approved job boards for communication, scheduling and reporting purposes
- Ensure screening and interviewing practices are aligned with company policy and compliance laws
What You’ll Bring (From the Farm) to the Table (Job Qualifications & Requirements):
Education and Experience
- 2-3 years experience working in hourly recruitment
- Experience working with greenhouse is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Role model for integrity and champions culture.
- Experienced in building business relationships with various levels of leadership
- Appreciates ambiguity and autonomy in an incredibly fast-paced environment.
- Brings creativity to the table when approaching the hiring strategy for your market
- Natural problem solver with a passion for creating simple solutions
- Ability to travel in market and out of market a minimum of 40% of the time.
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.