sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We are building a digital platform to deliver thoughtfully designed, data-driven customer experiences.
You are tasked with converting culinary inspiration in to manufacturing execution by bringing automation to sweetgreen. Contribute to the specification of automated equipment including off the shelf, customized, and custom, and support the evaluation of suppliers, procurement, installation, and commissioning of these systems. You will develop an optimize the process parameters and provide a complete documentation set to operations to deliver to the field. Work closely as a member of the development team to create solutions for current and future stores. You’ll design experiments and use data analysis to help the team make the best possible decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 4+ years of experience in process engineering in a manufacturing or food processing environment
- Experience with new product introductions and new process development
- Experience commissioning new equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Skilled at analyzing experiment data using Tableau or other visualization tool
- Expertise with engineering software tools such as AutoCad, Solidworks, etc.
- Experience or certification with methodologies such as lean manufacturing, six sigma, DFX, FMEA, Agile, value stream mapping
- Experience with industrial automation controls such as PLC, Robot, CNC, HMI, etc.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid environment with distributed teams
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project, Jira, etc.
- A foodie who worked in a restaurant and loves to cook
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.