sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We are building a digital platform to deliver thoughtfully designed, data-driven customer experiences.
Sr. Control System Engineer
You are tasked with converting culinary inspiration in to manufacturing execution by bringing automation to sweetgreen. You will drive the control system development of novel automation solutions and design the control architecture used across our operations. You will also contribute to the specification of automated equipment including off the shelf, customized, and custom, and support the evaluation of suppliers, procurement, installation, and commissioning of these systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience designing capital equipment preferably in the industrial automation, robotics, packaging, or food processing industries
- Ability to create detailed electrical schematics and P&ID documents
- Working knowledge of machine and personnel safety standards such as OSHA, ANSI, RIA, ISO, SEMI
- The ability to create robust machine control code from scratch including PLC, Robots, Servo, and HMI.
- Detailed knowledge of industrial networking and ability to establish communication protocol with third party devices
- Experience managing third party development partners, suppliers, and contractors
- Experience or certification with methodologies such as DFX, FMEA, Agile
- Experience with industrial automation components such as Pneumatic actuators, Robot, servo/stepper motion control, conveyor, and feeding systems
- Experience with process controls such as fluid and gas delivery, process monitoring, SCADA
- Experience with PC based languages such as Java, C, .net
- Ability to thrive in a fluid environment with distributed teams
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project, Jira, etc.
- A foodie who worked in a restaurant and loves to cook
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.