at sweetgreen (View all jobs)
Treehouse Support Center - LA
Our people are our most valuable ingredient at sweetgreen - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Since opening our doors in 2007, our team has been on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with real food. We’ve been unwavering in our commitment to scratch cooking and transparent sourcing and are just getting started with the application of technology to solve all aspects of traceability - from seed to bowl.
We are currently seeking a senior leader to help define, prioritize, and execute critical portions of the digital roadmap including capabilities like supply chain transparency, sensor data aggregation, ingredient data + taxonomy, inventory, saleable item definition, and the manifestation of finished products within a set of dynamic and growing orderable menu experiences. With the continuing launch of new ordering channels, partners, and restaurant formats, it is essential that the sweetgreen product data transparency platform and menu experience is designed for flexibility, stability, scalability, and operational efficiency
Key areas of ownership include:
- Ownership of critical initiatives and capabilities that enable current and future state ordering experiences and operating models
- Prioritization of product roadmap based on evaluation of front-end products and features and their impact on the customer, team member, and business
- Leadership and process management - intimately involved in defining the business case, informing architecture decisions, and presenting for executive approval
- Partnership with all relevant functions of the business to fully understand and define and translate business objectives into clear user stories and requirements
- Design, execute and measure experiments to inform prioritization and feature optimization
- Evaluate, define, and select external vendor partners
- Demonstrated experience translating insights and requirements into features and experiences customers love
- Demonstrated success in managing product, design and stakeholder teams through the product identification and prioritization process, and engineering teams through the software development lifecycle
- Experience facilitating system design exercises - ideally BDD or DDD - that result in common language and understanding of what needs to be built, and definition of success
- Engineering or quantitative background strongly preferred
Great candidates for the position will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
- Analytical Mind + Approach
Able to derive meaning from customer, digital, and business data and construct logical compelling business cases to support investment. Use data to inform, clarify and measure.
- Business Acumen
Understand business measures (especially customer and retail KPI’s) and the way digital products impact them.
- Process Management
- Effective Team Player
Equally impressive strategic + tactical skills. Leads the cross-functional team to achieve results through a clear and well understood process.
Experience working in and customizing an iterative product, design, and development process. Manages the roadmap and backlog with precision, negotiates trade-off decisions in a way that earns trust, and works tirelessly to unblock and maintain momentum.
- Passion + Leadership
- Digital Passion
A healthy obsession with the digital tools + technology that leads to new and useful ways to solve problems
- Patient Leadership
A laser focus on getting things done, and an inspiring level of patience as you work through ambiguity. Ability to creatively solve hard problems in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.