sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We are building a digital platform to deliver thoughtfully designed, data-driven customer experiences.
Technical Program Manager
You will be responsible to lead the development and acquisition of automated equipment for our current and future restaurant operations. You will create the requirements, lead the RFP process, and oversee the project through acceptance. You will contribute to developing equipment standards and lead the certification process for safety and sanitation. You will support the development team with removing roadblocks and provide excellent communication to stakeholders throughout the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years managing projects including development and/or procurement of custom equipment
- Experience procuring equipment for volume manufacturing and specifically food processing equipment
- Experience managing projects developing custom equipment and automation/robotics systems integration
- Expertise with various development methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project, Jira, etc.
- Expertise with engineering software tools such as AutoCad, Solidworks, etc.
- Familiarity or certification with industry standards such as ANSI/RIA 15.06, NSF, FDA, OSHA, IEEE, NFPA, ISO
- Experience or certification with methodologies such as Lean six sigma, DFX, FMEA, Agile
- Ability to thrive in a fluid environment with distributed teams
- A foodie who worked in a restaurant and loves to cook
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.