sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Below is what we are looking for in our Staff Accountant:
- Responsible for maintaining accounts payable supporting documents for entry in to the accounting system. This includes scanning paper invoices, downloading electronic invoices, and labeling appropriately.
- Assist with the invoice approval process, including routing invoices for approval and following up as necessary.
- Review vendor statements and enter adjustments or work with vendor to resolve discrepancies.
- Review employee travel and expense reports for proper documentation and account coding.
- Assist the department in streamlining processes such as finding opportunities to consolidate invoicing, improving the approval process, or implementing a more automated system.
- Time management and ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong attention to detail with quick and accurate data entry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to the demands of the business during rapid growth and change
- Willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done in a deadline driven profession
- 1-3 years of accounts payable experience, preferably with multi-unit industries
- Familiarity with all aspects of the process from vendor set up to invoice approval to invoice entry
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.