Come build a better food system and help people grow!
sweetgreen is a destination for simple, seasonal, healthy food. We’re building healthier communities by connecting people to real food with great service and genuine human connection. We make our food from scratch every day. Using produce delivered that morning, grown by small + midsize farmers who think sustainably (just like us!).
We are looking for an Area Leader to join our team as we continue to grow our LA market!
The Area Leader has the following core responsibilities
- Developing internal succession plan and a deep bench of managers at all levels of store operations by developing head coaches and the ability to identify “raw” talent. Candidate will have a clear understanding of how to move capability and performance and a sense of urgency to do so.
- Developing and coaching an understanding of the sweetgreen profile and driving recruitment of high-potential internal and external talent.
- Driving continuous performance improvement focusing on leading indicators and established key metrics. Candidate will be balanced in their approach focusing on people, financial, and customer experience metrics equally.
- Meeting/exceeding annual P&L objectives with a primary focus on top-line sales, productivity, and production management.
- Driving top-line sales performance by fostering customer connections through community marketing, throughput and technology initiatives, new product launches and an in-depth merchandising mentality.
- Training, coaching, and inspiring all locations to deliver exceptional customer experiences and high quality culinary operations ensuring a commitment to sweetgreen’s operational policies and procedures.
- Leading head coach development both personally and professionally through goal setting, coaching and feedback, and an innate understanding of what makes people tick, always connecting development to improved performance.
- Developing strong cross-functional partnerships that ensure the right support is provided to the stores to improve performance and remove barriers to focusing on the customer, people, and results.
- Fostering a positive, team-oriented environment with a healthy competitive spirit that ensures the sharing of best practices and a commitment to goal achievement.
- Fostering and growing strong community connections within each restaurant neighborhood by leading head coaches to develop brand ambassadors and maximizing sweetgreen community-based programs.
About You (minimum requirements)
- 5+ years of prior restaurant experience with 3+ years of multi-unit management.
- 2+ years of experience in both front of house and back of house/kitchen operation management.
- Proven experience balancing focus on new store openings and existing business performance: can manage multiple projects, delegates freely with quality follow and drive new store support and project management.
- Strong communication skills that engage people in a genuine, authentic way. Proactively connects to the team to drive behavior and results.
- Proven track record of developing leaders and building a strong pipeline of talent
- Disciplined approach to priority setting with the ability to identify the root cause of store operations and people opportunities, and move quickly to improve performance.
- Demonstrated management of applicable restaurant regulatory areas, including: employee safety; HAACP; wage + hour; immigration; food safety.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, and easily adapts and respond to change.
- Personal characteristics reflective of sweetgreen: high-energy, action oriented, self-motivated, positive and humble attitude, service-focused, flexible, fun-loving personality, and ethical with a high degree of integrity.
- Belief in and passion for the sweetlife and sweetgreen’s core values.
About our sweetlife
- A passionate, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- Competitive pay and bonus plan – employees are rewarded for both personal and company-wide performance
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock options
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401 k
- Monthly stipend
- Free sweetgreen gear and tenure rewards through our ‘shades of green’ program. And of course… complimentary fresh food from sweetgreen
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.