Our people are our most valuable ingredient at sweetgreen - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Since opening our doors in 2007, our team has been on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with real food. We’ve been unwavering in our commitment to scratch cooking and transparent sourcing, but over time customer appetite and demand for convenience has grown.
In response, we’ve built and grown our digital ordering business, which is committed to connecting more people to real food through convenience and customization. But what we’ve built thus far is just the beginning, and we need to continue to innovate and evolve our digital ordering experience to stay relevant in a quickly evolving consumer landscape.
We are currently seeking a Technical Product Manager to help innovate and support the overall platform that drives the current online ordering and restaurant technology functionality. With the launch of new ordering channels and restaurant formats, it is essential that the underlying platform is designed for flexibility, stability and operational efficiency.
Key areas of ownership include:
- Partnership with all functions of the business to fully understand technology needs
- Ownership of platform initiatives that enable current and future state ordering channels and operating models
- Prioritization of feature and tech roadmap based on evaluation of front-end products and features and their impact on the customer, team member, and business
- Leadership and process management - intimately involved in guiding the architecture and engineering process and timeline of the tech team
- Own the roadmap for sweetgreen’s digital commerce platform capabilities including but not limited to: order management, cart, checkout, payment, and fulfillment.
- Enable features designed and developed by Product Experience teams
- Evaluate and support integrations with internal and external vendor partners
- Demonstrated experience translating features and experiences into platform capabilities and requirements
- Management of product and engineering teams through the software development lifecycle
- Experience defining, standing up and operating ecommerce platform capabilities
- Experience executing Behavior Driven Design and/or Domain Driven Design practices
- Technical Analyst, Platform Product Owner, or Engineering background preferred
Great candidates for the position will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
- Analytical Mind + Approach
Able to derive meaning from customer, digital, and business data and construct logical compelling business cases to support investment. Use data to inform, clarify and measure.
- Business Acumen
Understand business measures (especially customer and retail KPI’s) and the way digital products impact them.
- Process Management
- Effective Team Player
Equally impressive strategic + tactical skills. Leads the cross-functional team to achieve results through a clear and well understood process.
Experience working in and customizing an iterative product, design, and development process. Manages the roadmap and backlog with precision, negotiates trade-off decisions in a way that earns trust, and works tirelessly to unblock and maintain momentum.
- Passion + Leadership
- Digital Passion
A healthy obsession with the digital tools + technology that leads to new and useful ways to solve problems
- Patient Leadership
A laser focus on getting things done, and an inspiring level of patience as you work through ambiguity. Ability to creatively solve hard problems in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.