Regional People Support Manager-NYC
As a member of the People Team, you will serve as a strategic business partner supporting various levels of the Field Operations leadership team while also supporting the salaried and hourly team member populations in your region. Your role is critical to developing and executing on people practices pertaining to talent, team culture, and compliance initiatives.
What You’ll Lead (Essential Functions of the Role)
- Talent Strategy
- Lead workforce planning routines for multiple levels of leadership.
- Challenge placement, identify and support leaders with developmental strengths and gaps.
- Plan for talent moves and identify internal, external, pipeline and bench candidates. Partner with Talent Acquisition and Operations team to ensure staffing goals align with business objectives.
- Support the New Store Opening (NSO) strategy with people needs assessment and placement.
- Lead the hourly hiring population strategy to staff restaurants across your market.
- Team Culture
- Conduct employee relations investigations and provide recommendations and insights to field team.
- Analyze data and trends in turnover reporting to improve regional retention and engagement.
- Conduct restaurant visits that teach, coach and train leaders on cultivating a balanced business scorecard.
- Lead the benefits open enrollment process including launch meetings and enrollment support.
- Build incredible cross-functional partners to support a culture that aligns with our core values.
- Ensure local people practices comply with sweetgreen handbook, federal, state and local laws.
- Partner with compliance team to mitigate risk through conducting audits and leading regional initiatives.
- Support the development of company policies and training that address people priorities.
What You’ll Bring (From the Farm) to the Table (Job Qualifications & Requirements):
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years experience working in an HR business partner role
- 2+ year experience leading employee relations for an hourly workforce
- Ability to navigate complexity in a regional capacity and successfully lead change initiatives
- Experience working with a multi-state employer and large hourly population a plus
- Prior restaurant or retail experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP highly desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experienced in building business partnerships, investing in relationships, and quickly building trust amongst teams and leaders.
- Results-driven, intrinsically motivated individual with a passion for people and business.
- Role model for integrity and champions culture.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to embrace and promote company’s Core Values in your compliance solutions
- Natural problem solver with a passion for creating simple solutions
- Sound judgement and the ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information relating to HR.
- Ability to multi-task and manage more than one cross-functional and mission-critical project at one time.
- Has a passion for navigating complex employee relations situations.
- Appreciates ambiguity and autonomy in an incredibly fast-paced environment.
- Provides clear feedback to peers, partners, and senior leadership to protect the brand and
- Ability to travel in market and out of market a minimum of 25% of the time.