Our people are our most valuable ingredient at sweetgreen - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Since opening our doors in 2007, our team has been on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with real food. We’ve been unwavering in our commitment to scratch cooking and transparent sourcing, but over time customer appetite and demand for convenience has grown.
In response, we’ve built and grown our digital ordering business, which is committed to connecting more people to real food through convenience and customization. But what we’ve built thus far is just the beginning, and we need to continue to innovate and evolve our digital ordering experience to stay relevant in a quickly evolving consumer landscape.
We are currently seeking a Director/Head of Sales, Outpost to enable future digital growth of sweetgreen by meeting the customer where they are and how they want to order.
- Sales - lead sales function for a growing part of sweetgreen’s business and future.
- Build - establish the company’s first-ever formalized B2B sales team, function, goals and standard operating procedures.
- Team leadership and hiring - you will hire the national team from the ground up, establish strategy and lead the team in executing this vision. We look to you to develop sales superstars and long-term relationships with external partners.
- Do the dirty work - enjoy taking (and closing) a sales call as much as setting strategy, managing the team and pitching new ideas internally.
- Intrapreneurship - the business you’ll be working on isn’t a finished product. Help us innovate with new ideas and be willing to take calculated risks that can pay off in the long run.
- Partner with internal teams including operations, digital, tech, data, marketing and executive leadership to drive growth.
- Connect the physical (our stores and team members) with the digital (our app and web experiences) to make it easier than ever to meet our customers where they are.
- Operationalize and help write the playbook for B2B sales at sweetgreen, including the establishment of a CRM system.
- Build and manage effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- 8+ years of sales experience, ideally in a startup environment where you built a team from small to large, leading to significant directly-attributable revenue growth
- 5+ years of experience working with SaaS or consumer-facing mobile and web applications used by hundreds of thousands of end users
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, recruiting, supervising, training and motivating a sales team
- Experience with restaurants, retail or hospitality preferred
- Experience with the selling a product at the intersection of the physical and digital
- Proven leader who can hire a team of strong performers, communicate cross-functionally and represent the company externally with partners
- Outstanding communication skills rooted in clarity and factual analysis
- Experience with data-driven decisioning and A/B testing frameworks
- Passion for the fusion of food and technology
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4K+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.