sweetgreen is seeking a Sr. Network/Security Engineer to join a group of dynamic and innovative technologists. In this role you will maintain and manage the implementation of strategic company IT initiatives and programs both in our offices and restaurants. This role provides network, firewall, security support services for a large enterprise network. The position requires technical expertise in all areas of network and security hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls and gateways. Description Designing, installing, implementing and documenting the local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) equipment, routers, switches, network appliances, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and firewalls.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities
- Create and maintain network/security infrastructure that follows industry best practices including a high level of availability and ease of user access.
- Evaluate and develop systems to enhance our security posture while reducing overall digital security risk.
- Lead IT infrastructure integrations with partners from a security perspective.
- Maintain awareness of industry security threats and respond to security incidents.
- Ability to self-sufficiently execute critical IT projects with little supervision and resulting in a timely and robust delivery
- Proactively identify areas of improvement, optimization and automation both in the restaurant and corporate network environment
- Contribute to and execute critical IT projects based off a corporate security strategy
- Provide ad-hoc IT support on a per-need basis
This individual should have experience with working in a sophisticated IT environment with a retail footprint extension, show strong entrepreneurial traits and have a strong doer attitude. The individual needs to be a strong communicator, with an attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a service-minded approach to his responsibilities and contributions. The candidate must enjoy a fast-paced work environment and have a strong ability to prioritize and establish strong interpersonal relationships.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Completed bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology, mathematics, physics, or similar technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in network design, monitoring, and security in an enterprise level environment.
- Expert working knowledge (setting up, upgrading, and troubleshooting) of routers, switches, VPN concentrators, and firewalls.
- Experience implementing and maintaining Network Access Control systems
- Expertise with network-based monitoring and security solutions. (IDS/IPS systems)
- Experience creating repeatable, reliable, and scalable network solutions with high availability and fault tolerance.
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships and gain agreement with timelines and data requirements from both internal and external stakeholders
- Belief in and passion for the sweetlife and sweetgreen’s core values
- Strong leadership behaviors, approachability, and a reputation as an unwavering role model
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
About sweetgreen technology: sweetgreen technology is setting the bar for innovation in operational excellence and guest experience. Sweetgreen intends to disrupt the restaurant industry by leveraging technology to connect people with real food.
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4K+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we are committed to leaving people better than we found them. We are in the business of feeding people, and we are out to change what that means.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.