Our people are our most valuable ingredient at sweetgreen - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Since opening our doors in 2007, our team has been on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with real food. We’ve been unwavering in our commitment to scratch cooking and transparent sourcing, but over time customer appetite and demand for convenience has grown.
In response, we’ve built a digital business the dramatic growth of which is helping us to connect more people to real food through improved convenience and personal customization. And we’re just getting started. As we continue to innovate and evolve our digital experience to stay relevant and lead in a quickly evolving consumer landscape, we’re seeking a Director of Product Management to help change an industry, and the food system, all at once.
Key areas of ownership include:
- Lead product management, business development, and partnerships for sweetgreen customer facing digital capabilities, features, and experiences
- Partner with strategy, customer insights, and analytics teams to understand customer behavior and unmet needs
- Leadership and process management - intimately involved in guiding the process and timeline of cross-functional teams and 3rd party partners
- Partner with operations, marketing, R&D, store design and real estate to develop data-driven experiences that generate incremental demand
- Partner with and lead channel and operations teams to grow digitally-enabled revenue streams and operating models
- Heavily influence digital platform roadmap and prioritization based on evaluation of capabilities and features and their impact on customers, operations, and business
- Lead a team of 3+ Product Managers responsible for strategic planning, insight gathering, data analysis, business case development, feature prioritization, and Agile / SDLC process management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or commensurate experience
- 6+ years of product development and product management experience, including defining, launching, and optimizing products and services
- Knowledge of agile product development and lifecycle management process
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- High energy with a bias for action and impact
- MBA or commensurate experience
- Prior experience as a software developer
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
Great candidates for the position will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
- Analytical Mind + Approach
Able to derive meaning from customer, digital, and business data and construct logical compelling business cases to support investment. Use data to inform, clarify and measure.
- Business + Technical Acumen
Understand business measures (especially retail KPI’s) and the way digital products impact them. Conversant and able to influence engineering, data, and other technical work and stakeholders.
- Process Management
- Effective Team Player
Equally impressive strategic + tactical skills. Leads the cross-functional team to arrive at a clear and well understood way of work.
Experience working in and customizing an iterative product, design, and development process. Manages the roadmap and backlog with precision, negotiates trade-off decisions in a way that earns trust, and works tirelessly to unblock and maintain momentum.
- UX Research and Design
- Customer Advocate
Acquires and translates knowledge of customer behavior, wants and needs into thoughtful strategy and design challenges.
- Enabler of Genius
Adept at framing opportunities for others to solve. Has her/his own ideas and works to enable others to challenge and polish them resulting in higher quality outcomes.
- Passion + Leadership
- Digital Passion
A healthy obsession with the digital tools + technology that leads to new and useful ways to solve problems
A laser focus on getting things done, and an inspiring level of patience as you work through ambiguity. Ability to creatively solve hard problems in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
sweetgreen is a seasonal fast-casual restaurant company on a mission to change the way people think about food. With a strong sense of passion and purpose, we’re working to revolutionize our industry and the food system. We make delicious, real food from scratch in our kitchens every day, which supports local farmers and helps us create authentic, meaningful connections with our guests.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.