sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We are building a digital platform to deliver thoughtfully designed, data-driven customer experiences.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Our mission is to push the envelope in finding the right location to open new stores, kitchens, delivery points and build forecasts based on our historical data. You will build industry-leading forecasting tools, personalization and recommendation engines. Your work will help us meet customers where they are.
- Master’s or PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics)
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and large data analysis
- Experience in Python and a machine learning framework
- Experience with various machine learning and modeling techniques and parameters that affect their performance
- PhD with specialization in machine learning techniques
- A track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
- Strong publication record
- Strong software development skills
- Expertise in at least one more major programming language (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (Python, or similar), and one Deep Learning Framework (MXNet, Tensor Flow, etc.).
- Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.