Our people are our most valuable ingredient at sweetgreen - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Since opening our doors in 2007, our team has been on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with real food. We’ve been unwavering in our commitment to scratch cooking and transparent sourcing, but over time customer appetite and demand for convenience has grown.
In response, we’ve built and grown our digital ordering business, which is committed to connecting more people to real food through convenience and customization. But what we’ve built thus far is just the beginning, and we need to continue to innovate and evolve our digital ordering experience to stay relevant in a quickly evolving consumer landscape.
We are currently seeking a Technical Product Manager, Marketing Platform to help define and manage and the set of capabilities that enable customers to connect with sweetgreen, and real food. As sweetgreen improves our ability to anticipate customer needs, we need your help to build the platform that will enable us to drive engagement, and be where our customers need us to be with the right content, in the right channel, at the right time. With the continuous launch of new ordering channels and restaurant formats, it is essential that marketing capabilities are automated for delivery and measurement. You will help us to ensure the sweetgreen marketing and engagement platform is designed for flexibility, stability, security, and operational efficiency.
Key areas of ownership include:
- Definition of requirements across stakeholders, including marketing, data, product and engineering teams
- Prioritization of feature and technical capabilities roadmap based on evaluation of front-end products and features and their impact on the customer, team member, and business
- Leadership and process management - intimately involved in guiding the prioritization, architecture, and operations of the marketing technology stack
- Map Marketing Technology capabilities and features and functions to organizational goals and milestones
- Serve as the internal champion for Marketing Technology investments, and facilitate definition of anticipated impact across stakeholder groups
- Educate marketing, data and analytics team on the latest advancements that can effectively improve customer engagement and conversion
- Vendor management for solutions sourced from 3rd party providers, including selection criteria, definition of terms / SLA’s, and contract negotiations
- Own the product roadmap for sweetgreen’s marketing technology platform
- Enable features designed and developed by Marketing, Product, and Experience teams
- Evaluate and support integrations with key internal and external partners
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and translating feature requests and experience designs into platform capabilities and detailed requirements
- Management of product and engineering teams through the software development lifecycle
- Experience defining, choosing, standing up and operating marketing technology platform capabilities
- Experience leveraging a process to align diverse stakeholders to a singular vision - whether journey mapping, BDD, DDD, or other.
- Technical Analyst, Platform Product Owner, or Engineering background preferred but not required
- Solid grasp of digital advertising ecosystem
- Domain knowledge and experience in AdTech and MarTech applications such as Adobe AEM, Testing/Targeting, Analytics, Salesforce, DSP’s/DMP’s, etc.
Great candidates for the position will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
- Analytical Mind + Approach
- Able to derive meaning from customer, digital, and business data and construct logical compelling business cases to support investment. Use data to inform, clarify and measure.
- Business Acumen
- Understand business measures (especially customer and retail KPI’s) and the way digital products impact them.
- Process Management
- Effective Team Player
- Equally impressive strategic + tactical skills. Leads the cross-functional team to arrive at a clear and well understood way of work.
- Experience working in and customizing an iterative product, design, and development process. Manages the roadmap and backlog with precision, negotiates trade-off decisions in a way that earns trust, and works tirelessly to unblock and maintain momentum.
- Passion + Patience
- Digital Passion
- A healthy obsession with the digital tools + technology that leads to new and useful ways to solve problems
- Patient Leadership
- A laser focus on getting things done, and an inspiring level of patience as you work through ambiguity. Ability to creatively solve hard problems in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.