sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Construction Project Manager
The Construction Project Manager will join the store development team to help support sweetgreen’s rapid growth in various markets. This position will work with a highly talented team that leads the way in innovative restaurant environments. You will lead the entire construction process from pre-construction activities to successful turnover to operations and the field team.
This position will be based in our Los Angeles Treehouse and reporting to the Director of Store Development with high influence on the entire development cycle and full ownership of project budgets, schedules, vendor and consultants relationships.
- Taken ownership of all pre-construction activities including feasibility studies of locations through site visits and preliminary budget estimations.
- Work closely with the store design team to review projects are they become available and partner with them and AOR to ensure accuracy and consistency of construction documents.
- Partner with the real estate team to review LL’s criterias and work letters to ensure compatibility with sweetgreen’s interest and standards. This also includes early site visits and negotiations with outside consultants.
- Manage the bidding process of new construction and renovation projects from preparing bid documents, walkthroughs, calls, leveling, award and contract execution. All while ensuring that contracts are within approved budgets.
- Oversee the procurement process in partnership with our procurement team. Providing needed insights of on-site delivery dates, along with site logistics assistance to streamline the delivery and installation of all owner supplied materials and vendor services.
- Drive all project schedules to ensure timely execution while holding store development partners accountable. Effectively communicate changes as needed to key stakeholders within the organization.
- Lead weekly project status calls with general contractors, design and procurement to ensure all milestones are met. Also highlighting any project risks and coming up with creative solutions to keep projects schedule on track within budget.
- Partner with store operations during the turnover phase to ensure a smooth transition to the field team. This includes early communication of project milestones, issuing punch lists in partnership with the store team and exhausting all efforts for the comfort of the field team.
- Complete closeout packages to release GC’s final payments and submit for sweetgreen’s TI as required by landlords in timely manner.
- Expand the range of consultants, vendors and contractors to accommodate the growth plans of sweetgreen.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in construction management, preferably as an owner’s representative in the retail or hospitality industry,
- Degree in architecture, construction management, engineering, or any related field of study.
- Experience managing multiple projects at once in various stages of development
- High sense of urgency and ownership, taking accountability of deadlines and budgets.
- Obsession for details and knowing that it’s only “done” when all small items are closed out.
- Knowledge of building and accessibility code with experience with health inspections in multiple regions.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer service aptitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Excellent negotiation skills to have sweetgreen’s interest first.
- Proficient in office suite and MS Project.
- 7+ years of experience in retail or hospitality design for a national brand.
- PMP certification.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD for basic use.
- In depth understanding of kitchen equipment and engineering requirements.
- Experience dealing with vendor legal agreements.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.