sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we're committed to leaving people better than we found them. We're in the business of feeding people, and we're out to change what that means.
As a director of retail space design, you will be lead the design and development of our physical spaces. You will create innovative and inviting spaces (different channels and formats) that support our mission of building healthier communities by connecting people to real food.
- Lead long-term strategic planning of physical space design, focusing on our mission of connecting people to real food in physical spaces (diverse types, formats)
- Manage a full pipeline of stores, leading the design, development, and delivery of new and innovative physical spaces that put the customer first, support + improve operations, support the mission, and are on schedule and within budget
- Direct architectural + engineering consultants, vendor partners, and other external design partners to successfully complete projects within parameters
- Roll out stores at scale as well as manage creative flagships
- Passionate about bringing the mission to life at scale in our physical spaces
- Comfortable jumping in and working closely with different stakeholders and partners
- Highly resourceful and a quick problem solver
- Focused and detail-oriented, consistently meeting deadlines
- 8+ years of experience in all phases of the retail space design process from schematic design to construction administration or related experience
- 3+ years of experience in high growth retail or field, building with different prototypes
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Knowledge of build out cost
- Knowledge of value engineering
- Strong time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong vendor management skills
- Fluency with industry best practices, building & ADA codes
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a design or design-related field, such as interior design or architecture, or equivalent education and experience
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit Architecture, 3D Max, and related software
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.