sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
HR Compliance Generalist, People Team
As a member of the People Team, you will provide guidance and recommendations to business partners on a variety of employee relations issues, including risk, performance management, corrective counseling, policy interpretation and complex investigations. You will be tasked with researching and presenting forward-thinking adjustments to policies and procedures as a result of new or evolving employment laws on a national and regional scale. You will help develop and implement programs and initiatives that support risk management and compliance.
What You’ll Lead (Essential Functions of the Role)
- Consult with People Managers and business partners on a variety of workplace issues, including performance management, misconduct, policy violations, interpersonal conflict/relationship issues, discrimination complaints, complex investigations, terminations, legal requirements and policy interpretation.
- Review and assess risk around leaves of absence, workers’ compensation matters, and accomodation cases.
- Research and monitor updates in the law on a local, state and federal level, and provide recommended steps to bring the Company into compliance.
- Own and implement People related compliance projects including legal research, drafting policies, and reviewing content for training.
What You’ll Bring (From the Farm) to the Table (Job Qualifications & Requirements):
Education and Experience
- JD from an accredited law school required
- 3-5 years experience working in HR or Operations
- Experience working with a multi-state employer and large hourly population a plus
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of federal and state employment law
- Legal research and writing
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to embrace and promote company’s Core Values in your compliance solutions
- Natural problem solver with a passion for creating simple solutions
- Build and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Sound judgement and the ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information relating to HR.
- Ability to multi-task and manage more than one cross-functional and mission-critical project at one time.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.