sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Sr. Systems Engineer
sweetgreen is seeking a sr. systems engineer to join a group of dynamic and innovative designers and technologists to rethink and rebuild the customer experience driven by a mission to inspire healthier communities by connecting people to real food. Are you a systems engineer driven by design thinking and systems thinking? Ready to disrupt the norm of the food service industry? This is an opportunity to be considered.
Job Summary and Mission:
This job contributes to sweetgreen wins by participating in the design thinking process to build innovative solutions through research, evaluation, prototyping, and testing of technology components. Furthermore, this role will help implement the solution and provide ongoing technical support.
Research, evaluate, prototype, and test wide varying technologies under the guidance of supervisor and documenting the results. Procure and manage needed technologies through acquisition or by participating in demo programs. Manage testing lab equipment and the environment. Setup Demo product as needed and break down. Work with vendor’s engineering to test and or resolve issues when needed. Decompose complex systems and representing them through appropriate documentation and diagrams. Provide technical support 24x7 for implemented solutions.
- Experience building and supporting technology in the restaurant industry
- POS, Payment, KDS, WFM, Inventory
- Comprehension of the credit payment processing a plus
- Experience building products with the following components
- Software, hardware, mobile, network(wired, wireless), cloud, security, management, scalability, embedded
- Create detailed installation and support documentations
- Working knowledge of systems engineering tools
- Understanding of Systems Architecture
- MBSE methods
- Activity Diagram, EFFBD, FFBD, IDEF0, Sequence Diagram
- Working knowledge of utilities and management tools: scripting, app monitoring, log aggregation, device management, network analysis, security testing
- Working knowledge of team working tools
- Confluence, Jira, Slack, wiki
- Understanding and practice of systems thinking
Required Education and Experience:
- Foundational understanding of Information Systems or Systems Engineering through traditional academia or through work experience.
- A+ certification a plus
- 4 years of experience administrating/deploying/managing Microsoft OS, iOS
- 4 years of experience participating as an SE in product development
- Knowledge of PCs desktop/mobile and components/peripherals, network, digital signage/wall
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.