sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate UX-focused Experience Designer to join the team at Sweetgreen. This role is key in concepting, architecting, and designing intuitive experiences tailored to meet the needs of a diverse set of customers and SG personnel who cross channels, time, and physical space. Service Design will also be a key component to this role- requiring experience with user research, journey mapping, and blueprinting. This role will work in close partnership with PMs, Engineers, Store Design, Store Operations, among others. It is intended to be an extremely collaborative role, requiring excellent communication skills, empathy, and patience.
Sweetgreen is a mission-driven company and the Digital Product team upholds that with our core principles: Be honest; Communicate well and often; Be a servant leader; Be an entrepreneur .
Research & Strategy: The Experience Designer should help identify pain points and insights that lead to opportunities for both Customers and Team Members. S/he can identify when & how to question briefs and facilitate to course correct.
Collaboration: Collaboration is the foundation of our process. Experience Designers must be servant leaders - able to influence project outcomes through facilitation, but also confident recommendations and presentation/communication style, while maintaining healthy internal relationships through authentic collaboration.
Design Thinking: User Centered Design methodologies are required to solve our complex digital <> physical problems. Ability to design from the inside out by applying an understanding of business problems, technology capabilities, and user needs through tactics like Journey Mapping and Blueprinting.
Project Planning: Organizational skills are a required to help plan, estimate and prioritize tasks.
Innovation: Inspires respective workstreams & Product Design team with industry trends, insights, and non-roadmap ideas.
- Leading UX execution for projects, from brainstorms through QA and gathering analytics. Including, but not limited to: creating ecosystems, user journeys, user flows, wireframes, sitemaps, user scenarios, functional specifications, navigation schemas and clickable prototypes.
- Collaborating closely with Product Managers, engineers and other stakeholders in planning, during execution, and post-launch to ensure the execution solves business goals and satisfies the user
- May involve management and mentorship of more junior Product Designers
- Contributing to estimation, planning, and orchestrating UX research for projects
- Having an understanding of the ROI of time and effort depending on the project and it’s priority amongst others
- Introducing new opportunities outside of a prescribed briefed to your project team and Product Design team, leveraging emerging technologies, design and interaction trends.
- Identifying and uncovering data to inform and defend designs
- Presenting work and rational to key stakeholders and leadership team in a clear and convincing way
- Being a fierce customer advocate
- Strong presentation and communication skills (written, verbal and visual)
- Experience designing mental models, journey maps, ecosystems, flows and wireframes on large platform projects
- Service Design experience - ability to design for the flow of customers and data between the physical space and digital space
- Experience planning and estimating work
- Entrepreneurial mindset with solid organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of User-Centered-Design principles and methods.
- Fluency in industry best practices such as Sketch, Jira, user-testing platforms such as Usertesting.com, prototyping tools, etc…
- Experience prototyping in code or using programs like Proto.io, Principle, Pixate, Invision, or similar
- Outstanding portfolio of relevant work
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2-5+yrs Agency, consulting or In-house experience. Ideally both.
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s preferred) in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Industrial or product design; HCI; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Communications.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.