sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we're committed to leaving people better than we found them. We're in the business of feeding people, and we're out to change what that means.
Job Description :
- Oversee the pre development process between real estate, strategy, design, construction and finance.
- Manage national deal development tracker to ensure development department accuracy and accountability.
- Create deal packages for sign off by real estate, design, construction, finance and strategy.
- Liaison between facilities, operations and Landlords to assist in problem solving site specific issues as they arise.
- Provide input on national and market by market real estate strategy.
- Prepare presentation material for bi-monthly real estate meetings.
- Travel to markets as needed to support Real Estate department.
- Assist in LOI drafting and negotiation with real estate Managers.
- Positive attitude and desire to learn.
- Must be able to collaborate with all development functions.
- Ability to create work flow to map and oversee pre-development process.
- Belief in and passion for the sweetlife and sweetgreen’s core values.
- Must understand basic real estate lease, construction, design and finance nuances and terms.
- Must be organized and concisely able to deliver information.
- Desire to grow professionally within a fast-paced expanding organization.
- Ability to travel for up to 25% of work schedule.
- Candidate must be based in Los Angeles.
- Minimum 3-5 years as a deal maker as either a Real Estate Analyst/Junior Real Estate Manager, or Retail Commercial Real Estate Broker in the retail/hospitality environment.
- Successful experience in navigating the landlord/tenant relationship.
- Knowledge of basic real estate, construction and space planning knowledge.
- Experience or exposure to negotiating and documenting real estate contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in fast paced, complex business environment.
- Experience working cross-functionally with both internal and external resources.
- Must be confident to present opinions and presentations to executive committee.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.