sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
You will be leading a team responsible for evaluating sweetgreen’s current restaurant systems and processes and identifying opportunities for improvement to support our growth and innovation. This pertains to operations optimization, the new restaurant opening process and process engineering.
The VP of Operations Services is the voice and representative of our stores at our Support Center (the Treehouse), and is responsible for driving flawless operations execution. The department’s main objectives are:
- Optimize operational systems and unit economic model/performance for both existing and future restaurants, models and any off-premise revenue streams
- Streamline and simplify restaurant operations
- Own and maintain all restaurant systems, tools, procedures, and standards
What you’ll do:
- Identify and implement opportunities to innovate and further optimize our restaurant economic model.We are passionate about change and thinking differently to solve complex problems, improve our business, and drive financial results. A critical part of this role is contributing to and leading this effort.
- Optimize the sweetgreen operating system(s) for productivity, efficiency and customer experience (internal and external).
- Operationalize new brand initiatives including but not restricted to menu expansion, day part expansion, new channels/off premise and format innovation. Additionally own the implementation calendar for the brand and be the gate keeper that paces and sequences key initiatives that hit the field.
- Enable growth by co-ordinating and driving the cross-functional team effort to open new stores seamlessly. In partnership with Store Design, Construction, Field Ops, Training and R+D teams, advance our store layouts, designs, and equipment packages to optimize operational efficiency
- Lead operations insights, analytics and communication plus be the voice of operations at the Treehouse
- Analyzing the root cause of work related to a specific problem, you will collect the needed data and conduct analyses in order to make a recommendation for how to solve the problem.
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external partners to ensure successful ways of working and the subsequent success of long-term goals. Key stakeholders would include Field Operations, Facilities, Design, Construction, Culinary, Learning + Training, Supply Chain, IT, Digital and Finance apart from Ops Services.
Desired traits and experience:
- 10+ years of senior operations experience in the restaurant and/or food service environment, at least five of the most recent experience in Ops Services and Innovation
- Certification and/or experience in Lean Six Sigma desirable
- Enthusiasm for thinking differently, tackling complex problems, and identifying new ways of doing things.
- Strong instinct in using both data and operational instinct to make changes affecting top and bottom line
- Strong analytical capabilities, ability to filter through large amounts of complex data
- Experience leveraging systems and data to drive business needs
- Knowledge and understanding of process engineering, production flow, design, equipment adjacencies, and the impact each has on overall ease of operations
- Proven track record of scaling and streamlining for growth
- Influential leadership skills, building and developing a team to drive results
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.