sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Reporting to the Head of Restaurant IT and Support, the Sr IT Engineer will support the implementation of strategic company IT initiatives and programs both in our offices and restaurants. This person will own implementation of mission-critical IT projects including restaurant and corporate IT systems, security initiatives, network projects, automation initiatives and embedded technology projects.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities
- Ability to self sufficiently execute critical IT projects with little supervision and resulting in a timely and robust delivery
- Collaborate with cross discipline functions in coordinating system rollouts and system management including management, HR, data and engineering
- Engage in vendor tendering, selection and negotiation conversations
- Proactively identify areas of improvement, optimization and automation both in the restaurant and corporate environment
- Contribute to and execute critical IT projects based off a corporate security strategy
- Provide ad-hoc IT support on a per-need basis
This individual should have experience with working in a sophisticated IT environment with a retail footprint extension, show strong entrepreneurial traits and have a strong doer attitude. The individual needs to be a strong communicator, with an attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a service-minded approach to his responsibilities and contributions. The candidate must enjoy a fast paced work environment and have a strong ability to prioritize and establish strong interpersonal relationships.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 8+ years experience working in the IT management field
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of security best practices including PCI and SOX compliance aspects
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to execute
- Strong understanding of enterprise-level software, hardware, telephony and connectivity
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to focus on objectives while being detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and organize
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships and gain agreement with timelines and data requirements from both internal and external stakeholders
- Belief in and passion for the sweetlife and sweetgreen’s core values
- The maturity to embrace ambiguity and ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation at sweetgreen
- Strong leadership behaviors, approachability, and a reputation as an unwavering role model
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- Passion for organization and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- Personal characteristics reflective of sweetgreen: high-energy, self-motivated, positive, service-oriented, flexible, fun-loving, and ethical with a high degree of integrity
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.