sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
We are looking for a New Restaurant Opening Manager with a proven tack record of planning + project management to join our Operations team. As a valued member of the broader ops services team, you will lead initiatives and projects focused on operational excellence as we continue to expand our national footprint. You will be responsible for developing and leading cross functional teams accountable for driving operational excellence in a high growth, highly competitive landscape.
The right person for this role is a proven operations leader with experience influencing across an organization, is an excellent communicator, a successful project manger, sets a high bar for him/herself, and is adept at developing talent. If you are someone who thrives in a critical leadership position and gains personal satisfaction through delivering excellence through operations, then this role is for you!
What you’ll lead:
- Support new restaurant openings from inception to completion. Including process and project management, schedule management, budget management, field communications and on-site support.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the NRO processes, evaluating the successes and opportunities of each project from a process, cost, and quality perspective. Iterate and provide feedback as necessary. Partner with ops services team to identify, create and implement new and innovative methodologies; work to continually improve current processes and practices.
- Provide input on standards to ensure operational efficiencies.
- Maintain an intimate knowledge of all business aspects of sg operations in an effort to identify and support business needs.
- Quickly partner with and develop strong working relationships with all cross-functional partners - treehouse partners, field leadership, field teams, and vendors - to ensure delivery of the best possible experience to our restaurant teams, and subsequently to our guests.
- Provide superior customer service to field leadership and team members, serving as resource.
- Partner with business partners to determine business needs and priorities, ensuring delivery of the best possible processes for sg restaurants.
- Develop and maintain key partnership with the Field including Market Directors, Area Leaders, Head Coaches, and restaurant team members.
- Turn information gathered into results that influence current projects or create new/improved initiatives that drive results.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience leading new restaurant openings from start to finish.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects, priorities and people concurrently in a fast-paced, high-growth and results driven environment.
- Experience leveraging technology or systems to manage projects and improve processes. Ability to stay current with the latest processes, procedures, and technology.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Keynote/PowerPoint. Has the ability to quickly learn project management software.
- Sound written and verbal communication, excellent planning, executing and follow up skills, in addition to strong analytical skills.
- Strong operational and organizational skills.
- Flexible; ability to react professionally and efficiently to changes in schedules or project direction without sacrificing productivity.
- Proven ability to participate as a valued member of a highly functioning team.
- Ability to travel frequently and willing to work a flexible schedule in order to lead and manage projects.
- Dynamic leadership qualities including a positive, can-do and motivational presence, a passion for training and coaching, and the ability to be solution driven in challenging situations while still delivering optimum results.
- Ability to develop relationships quickly. Well respected, trusted partner that is someone others want to work with.
- Influential, works well with others and is able to create strong field and corporate relationships; Experience interacting with and influencing business partners at all levels.
- Commitment to identifying and communicating innovative ideas to improve processes and performance.
- Strong individual contributor. Self-starter who possesses exceptional time management skills and has great attention to detail.
- Must act independently and be self-motivated. Prioritizes, manages, and meets deadlines.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.