sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Our Food + Beverage team is seeking a Culinary Innovation Chef based in Los Angeles, CA to help drive the growth of our company in the digital space.
The Culinary Innovation Chef has four main responsibilities:
- Manage innovation processes, tests & implementation for Digital Business Stream
- Support Core and Seasonal Menu Development.
- Provide culinary support for the Training, Op Services, and Marketing teams in roll outs and events.
- Represent sweetgreen culinary brand both internally and externally.
Manage Innovation Processes, Tests & Implementation
- Create standards, recipes and systems to ensure the highest quality food and beverage operating practices.
- Start and manage ongoing tests of menu items, equipment, utensils, packaging, merchandising, recipes & standards.
- Validate and verify that all tools created and tested are complete, accurate and user friendly before handing them off.
- Work from the Cloud Kitchen location as a cross-functional leader to support operations.
Support Core and Seasonal Menu Development
- Continued improvement of existing menu flavors, execution, nutrition & functionality.
- Partner with supply chain, product team, marketing for menu development.
- Create and prepare food that is aligned with SG’s food ethos.
- Conduct Research that will feed into our decision making processes for menu development.
Provide culinary support for the Training, Op Services, and Marketing teams in roll outs and events.
- Be an experience based resource to the training and ops services teams.
- Able to make decisions about food safety, nutrition and culinary operations.
- Troubleshoot in stores when necessary to optimize processes & standards.
- Support the creation of menus for events and functions, represent the department at these events.
Represent sweetgreen culinary brand both internally and externally.
- Conduct large group seminars & training sessions, present in a way that inspires.
- Represent and reflect the brand’s core values at all times.
- Comfortable in the public eye, confident in skills and abilities, able to verify and coach behaviors.
- Deep knowledge of food, nutrition and health
- Able to use office and google based software, file sharing & spreadsheets
- Able to influence and drive positive results
- Commissary or scratch cooking quick service
- Strong operational culinary skills
- Certified Food Safety Manager
- Experience with diet restricted menus
- Training and coaching experience
- Able to travel for business
- Experience presenting in large groups
- 3+ years in corporate chef or culinary role
- Full service and/or fast casual restaurant management
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.