sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
At sweetgreen an Engineer is responsible for building, testing, debugging/troubleshooting, clean/compliant software for web applications. They share responsibilities regarding frontend architecture and service connectivity with their peers and Senior Engineers. As a strong team player, engineers will participate in design and code reviews in support of maintain high standards relating to quality, experience, and accessibility. It is expected that an Engineer will frequently collaborate with the design, product, and customer experience teams to build out impactful solutions across all of our digital properties.
- Develop experiential solutions using modern web tech
- Actively review their own code with the rest of the team
- Is familiar with and helps to drive coding standards
- Collaboratively work with a team of engineers, designers, and product managers
- Deliver clean, documented, and tested code
- Uses DRY, SOLID, and YAGNI principle in code design
- Shows an enthusiasm for learning from others as well as teaching others
- Adheres to best engineering practices on a daily basis, takes ownership and ensures quality with the whole team
Desired Candidate Attributes
- 1-2 years developing web technology initiatives.
- Strong understanding of best practices relating to frontend architecture
- A strong desire to experiment with bleeding edge technology and understand relating market trends.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and creative skills.
- Must be able to take control of their own schedule to ensure all responsibilities are met.
- BONUS: Experience with React and Ember are a bonus.
- BONUS: Experience consuming RESTful APIs.
- BONUS: Experience deploying website A/B testing or personalization
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.