sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Our Food + Beverage team is looking for a Packaging + Innovation Supply Chain Manager.
The Packaging Manager has 5 main responsibilities
- Supply Chain: Building and maintaining a robust and transparent packaging supply chain including but not limited to coordinating with all suppliers to ensure adequate supply, quality and pricing on all items.
- Product: All forms of Paper and Packaging Innovation – including new product packaging to support sweetgreen’s growth and values.
- Brand: Coordinating with our Brand / Marketing Teams to ensure our brand comes through on all packaging including managing production runs and distribution of specific branded materials.
- Sustainability: Being a subject matter expert on current and future sustainability issues surrounding disposables, single use containers, packaging materials etc.
- Waste: Managing end of life waste streams inside and after they leave our operations.
Some Expected 2018 Deliverables
- Ownership of Packaging as a category at sg
- Successful roll out of upcoming packaging transitions
- Creation of a program, system or timeline tool for new packaging products or packaging improvements.
- In depth report on state of sustainability x packaging/single use disposables in US/World
- Two years Supply Chain management including relationship management with suppliers and distributors, sourcing new product and suppliers, spec creation, price negotiation, and inventory management.
- Involvement in packaging innovation: creation of custom products, branding or designs.
- Working with sustainability assessments or improvements to sustainability programs.
- Working in Cross Functional environment and with internal and external partners
- Commitment to building a more sustainable food system
- Passionate about solving the challenge of creating sustainable packaging solutions for businesses
- Proficient in honest, open, and effective communication with internal and external partners
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to transparently manage timelines
- Passionate about continued learning
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.