sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
A Senior Engineer is responsible for building, testing, debugging/troubleshooting, infrastructure for both native and web applications. They share responsibilities regarding infrastructure and take the lead on continuous integration and deployment, as well as driving standards with Technical Architects and the rest of the department.
It is expected that a Senior Engineer will promote strong design principles as they relate to scalability, disposable resources, automation, loose coupling, service oriented design, databases, removing single points of failure, cache, cost, and security.
- Documenting and diligently recording of the current and future state of platform infrastructure as code
- Collaborate with engineers focused on application development as well as the entire team
- Security by design and policies and code when possible
- Calls for and implements CI/CD in all projects
- Continually audits console and programmatic access to all vendors
- Disposable, decoupled architectures
- Microservice design and construction
- Adheres to 12 factor services design
- Monitoring and logging
- Profiling to discover and iterate on application or schematic bottlenecks
- Practices collective code ownership
- A proven leader with regards to new techniques to coding practices
- Shows an enthusiasm for learning from others as well as teaching others
- Adheres to best engineering practices on a daily basis, takes ownership and ensures quality with the whole team
- Drives best engineering practices
Desired Candidate Attributes
- 5+ years developing and leading large-scale technology initiatives.
- A degree in computer science or related is field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages and the ability to propose alternative solutions.
- Thorough grasp of best practices across all focus in technology. Client, server, automation, deployment, QA, and project management.
- Expert-level knowledge in modern web development practices, especially those relating to service design.
- Expert-level knowledge of the entirety of AWS’ offering.
- A strong desire to experiment with bleeding edge technology and understand relating market trends.
- Strong problem solving, communication and negotiating skills.
- Must be able to take control of their own schedule to ensure all responsibilities are met.
- Experience building applications and websites for world recognized brands where load and scale have been a focus.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.