sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Are you a team player who’s open to growing and learning new things? Are you looking to break into the restaurant/service industry and want a job where you can get your hands dirty? Are you an individual who wants a job where you can be yourself?
As a Service Team Member, you will be an ambassador of the sweetlife and sweetgreen's core values. You will be an integral part of the guest experience, through the face‐to‐face customer interaction and 1:1 service model that sets us apart from other restaurant companies. You will report to the Head Coach (General Manager) and Store Lead (Assistant General Manager), and will be empowered to make your own decisions that create the best experience for our guests.
You will be responsible for crafting thoughtful and personalized experiences for your guests. The goal is to leave people better off than when we found them. You must be a true team player, willing to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to keep your store running smoothly. Every team member at sweetgreen is responsible for upholding our core values.
Service Team Member Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Maintain cleanliness of front line, lobby, bathrooms + patio area, take out lobby trash, bus and clean tables and chairs. Restock utensils, napkins, beverage station, and bathrooms
- Learn and maintain knowledge of our changing salad menu to effectively communicate all ingredients to guests
- Ensure all food on the line meets food safety and quality standards, eliminating cross-contamination on the front line
- Maintain knowledge of critical dietary information and demonstrate proper food handling
- Set up, maintain and break down front line area
- Operate POS register to complete customer transactions
- Greet guests, guide the customer journey, resolve guest issues and properly inform guests of cashless transactions + how our sweetgreen app works
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of online-ordering (OLO) pick-up area; organize OLO shelve, manage shelf life log and help guests locate their salads
- Food, Restaurant, Team and/or Customer Service experience
- A team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Quick and adaptable learner
- Excellent and collaborative communication skills
- A knack for delivering personable customer service and a desire to make connections with guests everyday
- Accountable in upholding high standards
- A friendly, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- Competitive wages
- A clear career path with opportunities for advancement and career development
- Free sweetgreen gear and tenure rewards through our 'Shades of Green' program
- Healthy and delicious shift meals
Come live the sweetlife!